Disclaimer

This blog is to share the owner views, experiences and photos, and not intended to advise anyone. The blog owner will not take any liabilities or responsibilities due to the use of any photos or information in this website. This blog is also doesn't endorse any products or services. Your own judgement is highly appreciated when reading or viewing any photos or information in this blog.

Monday, January 04, 2010

My Olympus E-1 shutter life

I was busy photographing the 4x4 Challenge at Kundasang on 1/1/2010 when the E-1 camera produces odd looking photo patched with white, looks like a flare every time I press the shutter. I thought that my 14-42mm lens dead but when I remove the lens, I noticed one piece of thing blocked the sensor as seen in the following photo.


Olympus E-1 and broken shutter curtain?

I bought this camera 2nd hand early 2009 with marks all in its body shows that it was heavily used before me. I use again the E-1 extremely heavy that it's become my daily camera, going anywhere with me. In a year I have clicked the shutter almost 30k or more looking from my photo collections. In the certain event, I press the shutter in burst mode. The body rock but the elements inside are not, which the lifetime could be ended. The shutter curtain failed in January 2010 exactly a year I bought the camera. Need a new life because I still love the camera.

Olympus E-1 Shutter Actuation reset?
The shutter count is not true because it will reset to 0 especially if the battery is empty during use of the camera.

Look at the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google+ Badge

No one has ever become poor by giving, Please Donate

Popular Posts

Site Links

Follow on Facebook